Sign in to follow this  
CouesFanatic

Archery Kills rolling in already

8 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

Wasn't your season dates on your tag?

It wasn't a drawn tag. Wally World doesn't give you any dates when they scribble out your OTC tags..

12 hours ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

You make it seem like the road hunters would be able to shoot something big. There is a reason there are so many spikes shots. This buck laid here at 30 yards back in July. You won’t see a mature buck along a road where anybody can shoot them. Takes some effort. 

4D274E0B-E23F-4283-AF6F-A98FB88FE420.jpeg

One of the largest coues bucks killed in AZ was very close to a road. It happens

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohthatguy said:

It wasn't a drawn tag. Wally World doesn't give you any dates when they scribble out your OTC tags..

My bad, not an archery hunter, but every OTC tag that I have gotten from G&F for lion and bear has had the season dates on them.

17 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

129% of the unit 1 quota has been met

They will probably adjust for that next year and lower the quota!

I've found muleys near the road many times archery hunting.  One year on the north rim I had already killed my buck and took my daughter who was 5 out.  We found a giant, over 185 just rubbed his velvet off.  He was within 5 yards of the road.  we were 30 yards from him for 15 min.

Every time a truck came by he would lay his head down.  I think 5 trucks or quads came by road hunting and none of them saw him  or us.  Pretty funny.

11 hours ago, dustin25 said:

A lot of people on here who apparently have never made a big mistake. Ive certainly made bigger mistakes in life then accidentally shooting a buck out of season.

Sounds like the guy has remorse and owned up to his mistake, and had the integrity to turn himself in when nobody was forcing him to. And I’d assume he won’t let it happen again.what more do you want from the guy?

yes, big mistake. Yes, should NOT have happened. Yes, it’s his fault not gohunt. But it did happen and it sounds to me like he handled it the best way possible given the crappy position he put himself in. Heck,sounds like the kind of person we need more of in our society instead of all the entitled whiny people with an excuse for everything.

Made plenty of mistakes. But I own up to them and don’t blame a website for my lazyness. Idk how you don’t think that this isn’t inexcusable. He didn’t even read the regs before he came hear to  hunt. 

• Like 1

These limits are really just the beginning number to start getting an idea of what is really taken during archery.  It will be interesting to see how the numbers stack up and what changes it triggers.

I for one had no idea that Unit 1 got this much attention.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Made plenty of mistakes. But I own up to them and don’t blame a website for my lazyness. Idk how you don’t think that this isn’t inexcusable. He didn’t even read the regs before he came hear to  hunt. 

His mistake was relying on gohunt, which he owned up to…. I think we all agree that he should’ve read the regs, including him. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

His mistake was relying on gohunt, which he owned up to…. I think we all agree that he should’ve read the regs, including him. 

He blamed them and said it was their fault he poached a deer. It’s the title of his thread 

• Like 2

Well, Unit 1 is going to have double the quota harvested by the time all the results roll in by end of day this friday, you know what that means, going to go to a draw for Unit 1 next year. Crazy how fast that happened. One week of a free for all is too much time.

This is hopefully an eye opener for the Department. Count me in for Mandatory Reporting for ALL species of Big Game. Enough of the guessing game.

• Like 6